Hello again, brain: My new job


24 September, 2012

I'm exactly five blog posts behind schedule at the moment - I meant to write about Panama, a writer's group I wrote with (oh, the irony), the Cider Festival, Opera Briefs, and (and this probably explains why none of the other posts have materialized), my new job

I was super kicked when I heard I got the job, particularly since it meant I'd finally get to introduce myself in Toronto as a single entity rather than a part of a couple (RIP 10,000 versions of this conversation - Person: So, what do you do?/What are you doing in Toronto? | Me: Well, I moved here with my husband, his job transferred him, so...) 

It's been a week since I started working, and it's definitely the most challenging role I've taken up so far - as you can probably tell by the fact that I tweet about once in two days at the moment (my personal internet time's been relegated to between 6:50am and 7:20am). But I love feeling like I'm stretching myself and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

My office is about half an hour away, but there's an underground path pretty much from my house, all the way up to the reception at my workplace. It makes me feel like the boy who dug a route to China, it's kind of lovely not having to be above ground and combating traffic at all. Plus, I've discovered that the subway's so smooth, it can't even give me motion-sickness, so I've been polishing off a book a day on the commute. Now that's what I call productive use of my time.

Tomorrow's one of those pressure-packed days where I've back-to-back meetings, including lunch & dinner appointments (alleluiah! no 6:15am-6:45am lunch prep for me!). My husband's schedule conveniently cooperated by making his day like that today (double bonus! early dinner for just me!). So I've the next hour to catch up on all those posts. Here we go.

Panama
Writer's Group
City Cider Festival
The New Job

No comments:

Post a Comment